"What she was finding also was how one book led to another, doors kept opening wherever she turned and the days weren't long enough for the reading she wanted to do" Alan Bennett

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

When the muses leave you - an explanation for my silence...

I have been in a slump of late.

It has been a reading and writing slump.

It has been absolute agony to not be able to do what I enjoy.

I don't know what happened to cause it, but this morning all of a sudden I started to feel like my pre-slump self. I started reading a book that seems quite promising so far, and well right now the words are flowing onto my screen as my fingers fly across my keyboard.

It is almost as though my brain shut down for a bit, and I just couldn't get into any of the things I love. Then again, it could also be a depressive episode. Who can truly say. I am just glad that it is over.

So here is hoping that the muses have returned for good, and that I'll be back to posting here regularly again.

Till then, happy reading and let me know what you all have been up to!

2 comments:

  1. I've also been in a slump, but thank goodness for archived reviews or my "long term" memory of remembering (kind of) stories that I've read 2 - 3 months ago, which I forgot to review :D

    I am getting into reading now, as I'm reading quite a lovely historical fiction and I can't wait to finish it, but I am just so busy (been reading it on and off for 2 weeks!)

    Hoping to see a review from you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all phases of being uninspired, distracted or overwhelmed. We get busy with stuff in our day to day lives, we have a run of so-so books, a run of gorgeous weather sees us outside enjoying it instead of reading and blogging....
    that's life, as they say!

    The thing is with dedicated readers though...you always return. The call of the page is too strong. You begin to get all twitchy and don't know why...until it hits you - books!! I need a good book!

    And suddenly you're back :-)

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.